- Are you going through a lot of changes at the moment?
- Are your studies and education starting to feel overwhelming?
- Do you feel as though you don’t fit in with your ‘friends’ or ‘family’?
- Do you feel lonely sometimes?
- Are you concerned about your next steps?
- Do you sometimes lack motivation?
- Do you need support with your goals and aspirations?
- Do you wish you had someone to talk to who won’t judge you?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above then you need to be part of our Big Sister Programme!
We offer a mentoring and accountability programme for young people just like you.
Being mentored is like having a friend who looks out for you. A mentor isn’t like a teacher, a parent, or a social worker, they’re just an adult you can talk to.
Our mentors are great because they think it’s important to give young people support and opportunities. We train them, but they’re regular people from your community. They’ll listen, they won’t judge, and they won’t get annoyed. Being mentored is a chance to try new stuff if you want to. Your mentor can help you find more things you’re good at. You might have a particular goal, like coping better with feelings or getting onto a college/ university course. Your mentor can help and will definitely celebrate with you when you succeed.